Why choose chiropractic care and what to expect
Chiropractic pain management is scientifically geared for victims of car accident and other injuries. Most people come to us experiencing headaches, neck and back pain, but here at Liringis Chiropractic, our doctors also treat and manage injuries such as sciatica, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle injuries. Our doctors’ approach to care is gentle, safe, and always drug-free.
Our goal is to help your body naturally restore mobility and flexibility while reducing stiffness and soreness that sets in after the car wreck. Patients commonly see a drastic reduction in acute pain and swelling, increased motion, reduced headaches and an overall sense of wellbeing after their first few adjustments and therapy sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR FIRST VISIT:
Before your Free Chiropractic Consultation, you’ll be asked to fill out forms that provide detailed background knowledge about your medical history, current condition, and the symptoms you’re experiencing.
Typical questions include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Where is the pain located?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? For us, it’s especially important to know if the physical damage resulted from a Car Accident.
- Describe the pain – is it sharp, dull, numb, pins and needles or burning? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
- What activities/circumstances make it better or worse?
After you’ve answered the questions, you’ll receive a diagnostic assessment from either Dr. John or Dr. Steve.
- Physical examination: identifies and focuses on areas that are hurting and uncover other potential problems to your overall health.
- Range-of-motion testing: assesses how your injury is affecting your mobility. Remember, motion is life!
- Muscle Testing: identifies areas of weakness that are negatively affecting your recovery from injury. Unaddressed muscle weakness can make you more likely to re-injure the area of complaint and set you up for worse injuries. Don’t let that happen to you!
- Orthopedic Testing: these tests identify probable strains and sprains you wouldn’t be able to see with the naked eye. They also identify injury to the nervous system, which controls every cell in your body!
- Flexibility and posture analysis: whether you work in an office or in construction, repetitive stress motions in modern life have an effect on the structure of your body. Our job is to return you to normal, pain free motion as quickly as possible.
- X-Rays will be taken to look for proper alignment, disc spacing, and subluxations impacting your nervous system. We also take X-Rays to ensure it’s safe to proceed with treatment.
After these evaluations are performed and the results are analyzed, you’ll receive chiropractic services right away and your doctor will come up with a treatment plan specifically geared for your body and the pain you’re experiencing.
THERAPIES OUR CHIROPRACTORS USE:
Chiropractic Personal Injury Care is designed specifically to help victims by using the following therapies:
- Chiropractic Spinal Adjustments – manual manipulations help to facilitate proper motion in an individual joint area (spine or extremity)that is stuck or is currently experiencing reduced range of motion.
- Electrical stimulation – “electrical stim” helps dull muscle and nerve pain in a local area where the pads are placed on the body, this numbing effect acts like a topical NSAID, reducing inflammation without all of the problems that come with oral medication.
- Intersegmental traction – “traction” provides a gentle stretch at the joint level. This pressure relieves tension from subluxations and allows the discs to move more freely.
- Vibration therapy – Much of our nervous system (brain and spinal cord) is programmed to figure out where we are in space. When we are injured, signals from our surroundings can be misinterpreted by our nervous system. Vibration therapy “re-educates” the nervous system to interpret our environment correctly.
HOW WE HANDLE COSTS
Paying for treatment is normally one of the biggest concerns our patients have when they come to see us. We have care plans to fit your budget comfortably, and we encourage you to check out our Internet Specials. We accept and are in network with many insurance plans, but have affordable care plans for cash patients as well.
If you were in a car accident and suffered injuries that were not your fault, we think you should not have to pay anything out of your own pocket.
So, to make sure you get the treatment you need without having to worry about paying out of pocket, our billing office will bill the at-fault driver’s insurance company immediately and, if appropriate, your medical pay provider, making sure you don’t pay any out-of-pocket.