What To Do After A Car WreckIf you’ve been in a car wreck that’s someone else’s fault then the insurance company for the person who caused the accident is supposed to pay for your injuries and damages. You’re entitled to get paid for what you’ve suffered even if you’re a passenger in the car of the person who caused the wreck. That insurance company, however, is financially motivated to pay you as little as possible. To keep the insurance company from taking advantage of you, there are some important things to remember:
- Always Call The Police
- If You Hurt At All, Tell The Police Officer At The Scene
- Take Pictures Of The Scene
- Take Pictures Of Your Injuries
- Tell Your Insurance Company About The Accident
- Be Very Careful Of Early Settlement Offers
- SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN
- GET PROPER DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR INJURIES TO HELP GET MORE SETTLEMENT MONEY AFTER YOUR CAR WRECK.
Document What HappendThe insurance company is going to do everything they can to limit what they have to pay you for what you go through because of your auto accident. They won’t believe you if you don’t have the paperwork to back up how bad the accident was or how bad you’re hurt. So, you first have to document the accident and how bad it was. This means:
- Call the Police and make sure they accurately document what happened, how bad your car is damaged, and if you have any injuries at all.
- Next, take pictures of the accident so you can show bad it was
- Take pictures of your own injuries and those of any friends and family in the car; the insurance company won’t believe you if you tell them you had a bad bruise but can’t show it to them.
Be Careful Talking to the Insurance CompanyYou have to tell your insurance company you were in a wreck. After all, you may have medpay insurance, which could cover some of the costs of your treatment. But if the at-fault driver’s insurance company calls, be very careful. You probably shouldn’t talk to them about settling early on because you have no idea how bad you’re hurt, how much treatment you’ll need, or how long you’ll be out of work.
WAITING TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR AFTER YOUR ACCIDENT COULD COST YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS:
Waiting to seek medical care from a medical or chiropractic doctor after you’ve been hurt in a car wreck can have a devastating effect on your chances of getting the settlement money you deserve by leaving a gap in your care.
An insurance adjuster will look at how soon after the wreck you sought medical or chiropractic care. If you wait too long, then they’ll argue any conditions you later suffer from weren’t caused by the accident.
Even minor injuries should be accounted for and documented because in time they may lead to chronic pain. It's best to see your chiropractor immediately after your car wreck. Research shows that you can suffer injuries even if you have limited damage done to your car.
If you’ve suffered a minor or major accident and feel any pain whatsoever, schedule an appointment to see one of the chiropractors at Liringis Chiropractic Clinic IMMEDIATELY.
- We’ll see you the same day you call.
- We won’t charge you a dime if the accident wasn’t your fault
- We will make you better!